Cmdr Shepard's favourite books on the Citadel

I was a much more avid reader in my youth... before the days of PCs and gaming consoles. Now I find myself working in a job filled with long, slow periods of extreme boredom (punctuated by brief spells of intense excitement) which gives me a lot of time to pick up my reading again.

The only thing that I curse is my near-eidetic memory when it comes to books that I have read which can ruin my future enjoyment and re-reading of many of my favourite books (I tend to skip the 'slow, boring bits'). As a result I find myself mentally forcing myself to read each page slowly and carefully whenever I re-read a book to prevent myself from jumping forward to the more exciting parts that I remember.

The Little Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1.5) - Jay Kristoff As Jay said recently of this book (and if I recall correctly from a booze-fuelled book launch), this was written for his editor's newborn. As such it is a much simplified version of Stormdancer that is perfect for young children. Indeed, my 5year old son loved the story when I read it to him.

This book, complete with illustrations by Jay himself, demonstrates the flexibility of Jay's writing ability; from the painstakingly soaring descriptions of Stormdancer, to the 'cute' child-focused style of this book.

Much Kudos to you Jay!

Disclaimer: This book was a free giveaway from Jay to people at his official booklaunch for 'Stormdancer', and Jay was also kind enough to sign and dedicate it to my son.

Kinslayer
Jay Kristoff
The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1)
Robert Jordan