Cmdr Shepard's favourite books on the Citadel

I was a much more avid reader in my youth... before the days of PCs and gaming consoles. Now I find myself working in a job filled with long, slow periods of extreme boredom (punctuated by brief spells of intense excitement) which gives me a lot of time to pick up my reading again.

The only thing that I curse is my near-eidetic memory when it comes to books that I have read which can ruin my future enjoyment and re-reading of many of my favourite books (I tend to skip the 'slow, boring bits'). As a result I find myself mentally forcing myself to read each page slowly and carefully whenever I re-read a book to prevent myself from jumping forward to the more exciting parts that I remember.

Before They Are Hanged  - Joe Abercrombie The second book of Joe Abercrombie's 'The First Law' trilogy gripped me even more so than the first. The plot evolves, the characters are fleshed out even further, everything moves up a notch in comparison to the first book. This was a book that I just didn't want to put down after reading a chapter or two per day (as is my current rate due to only being able to read on my journeys to and from work).

[More review to follow]

Kinslayer
Jay Kristoff
The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1)
Robert Jordan