Cmdr Shepard's favourite books on the Citadel

I was a much more avid reader in my youth... before the days of PCs and gaming consoles. Now I find myself working in a job filled with long, slow periods of extreme boredom (punctuated by brief spells of intense excitement) which gives me a lot of time to pick up my reading again.

The only thing that I curse is my near-eidetic memory when it comes to books that I have read which can ruin my future enjoyment and re-reading of many of my favourite books (I tend to skip the 'slow, boring bits'). As a result I find myself mentally forcing myself to read each page slowly and carefully whenever I re-read a book to prevent myself from jumping forward to the more exciting parts that I remember.

V for Vendetta - David Lloyd, Alan Moore I have to admit to reading it after having seen the movie version (something which most purists will claim is the wrong thing to do), and on refelction I have to say that I agree with them in principle. The movie did an incredible job in bringing Moore's story to life, yet the story within the actual comic is so much more than what the movie was able to tell.

Much like his other story "Watchmen" this comic is deemed to be a 'classic' in the comic genre and, as such, is also a 'must-read' for anyone with an interest in the evolution of the genre.

Kinslayer
Jay Kristoff
The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1)
Robert Jordan