Cmdr Shepard's favourite books on the Citadel

I was a much more avid reader in my youth... before the days of PCs and gaming consoles. Now I find myself working in a job filled with long, slow periods of extreme boredom (punctuated by brief spells of intense excitement) which gives me a lot of time to pick up my reading again.

The only thing that I curse is my near-eidetic memory when it comes to books that I have read which can ruin my future enjoyment and re-reading of many of my favourite books (I tend to skip the 'slow, boring bits'). As a result I find myself mentally forcing myself to read each page slowly and carefully whenever I re-read a book to prevent myself from jumping forward to the more exciting parts that I remember.

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) - George R.R. Martin I found thuis book tedious and boring. It never really grabbed my attention, and not even the teleseries with Sean Bean sparked enough interest to pick up the book and give it another try.

I'm not going to post a gigantic 'wall-of-text' review of this book, because there are others who have already done a far better job than I could (see reviews by Keely and Anila for example).

If you liked the book, good for you. I did not, and it's as simple as that.

Kinslayer
Jay Kristoff
The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1)
Robert Jordan