Cmdr Shepard's favourite books on the Citadel

I was a much more avid reader in my youth... before the days of PCs and gaming consoles. Now I find myself working in a job filled with long, slow periods of extreme boredom (punctuated by brief spells of intense excitement) which gives me a lot of time to pick up my reading again.

The only thing that I curse is my near-eidetic memory when it comes to books that I have read which can ruin my future enjoyment and re-reading of many of my favourite books (I tend to skip the 'slow, boring bits'). As a result I find myself mentally forcing myself to read each page slowly and carefully whenever I re-read a book to prevent myself from jumping forward to the more exciting parts that I remember.

The Zombie Survival Guide - Max Brooks This tongue-firmly-in-cheek book provides some extremely well-thoughtout advice for how to survive should the dead ever start to rise.

Max Brooks explains everything you need-to-know; from the physiology of a zombie to combat techniques, weapon evaluations, zombie hunting techniques, even how structure a group and building your zombie-proof post-apocalyptic stronghold and living in a world where humans have all but perished to the zombie menace.

A must-have for zombie buffs, and for anyone who thinks that maybe... just maybe... the real truth about zombies is still out there.

Kinslayer
Jay Kristoff
The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1)
Robert Jordan